You may have already read of the seven things a Senior Investigating Officer (SIO) should have in their “grab bag” but if you missed it, you can catch up with it by clicking HERE.
As well as those first seven items, here are five more that they are told to make sure that they should have in their “grab bag” for when they receive The Call that there has been a murder etc.
- Essential documents such as the makings of a paper management system (which would include such things as list of actions raised, paper actions themselves, and major incident (MI) write-up sheets and message forms).
- Freshly prepared food/sandwiches (in the fridge) ready to go.
- Drink (e.g. cold drink or thermos flask).
- Street map (e.g. A–Z or satellite navigation system).
- Outdoor warm and waterproof clothing.
Make sure you subscribe to or follow this blog to hear more about SIOs
Or if you can’t wait, you could try to find the answer using the British Police and Crime Directory for Writers and Researchers or click on the picture below to buy your copy: